This is a healthy, colourful and crunchy coleslaw; popular with young chefs at our children's cookery workshop with the Kitchen Academy on Open Farm Sunday.
- 4tsp honey
- 4tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ shredded red cabbage
- 3 grated carrot
- 4 thinly sliced spring onions
- 150g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 1 sliced yellow pepper
- A small bunch chopped coriander
- Whisk together honey, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Thinly slice all the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine red cabbage, carrots, spring onions, sugar snap peas, red pepper, and yellow pepper. Toss together and add the coriander leaves.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss until coated. Check for seasoning.
Recipe kindly provided by the Kitchen Academy