Grill peppers on the BBQ then mix with lime juice, tomatoes and red onion for a sweet and smoky side dish.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp. British rape seed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the peppers directly on the barbecue grill and leave to char on the first side, then move to the next side and keep turning until all sides are charred.
- Remove from the barbecue and place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to cool down in the steamy bowl (this will make it easier to loosen the skin).
- While the peppers cool, remove the seeds from the tomatoes and chop the flesh. Add in the garlic, red onion, lime juice and rape seed oil.
- Once the peppers are cool, peel off the skins and remove the seeds. Add to the bowl of chopped tomatoes and other ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper as required.
Recipe kindly provided by the Emsworth Cookery School
More pepper recipes